Quarantine day 30



"I'm a genie in a bottle, baby . . ." 
Those were the words that really started this one.

It was about four years ago when I was driving home from the store one morning. As I made my way through the winding roads that led to our mountain cabin, Christina Aguilera's song Genie in a Bottle came on. I was singing along, and then started thinking about what it would be like finding a genie.

Then the idea hit.
I would create a trilogy: Genie a Bottle.
I would title the installments: The First Wish, The Second Wish, and The Third Wish!
I was pumped. By the time I got home I had already thought out the storyline, the initial one, anyway. I started rambling to Steve about it, and he loved the idea.

This series flowed so easily, it was crazy. The notes and storyline and actual writing seemed to come from someplace magical itself. I had never written a genie book before, and it was fun to research the history of them, and then put my personal spin on it.
The genie magic and lore, and of course the magic carpets, gave me so many opportunities to make something memorable.

This was my second YA series, following Serpenteens, and it was such fun to write, and the characters became so special, that, as I finished the second book, I made the decision to turn the trilogy into a four-book series. The final book, After the Wishes, is written in the words of the genie himself, Inas.

The covers to the book were also something that hit me almost immediately. As I drove home and came up with the initial idea, I knew I wanted each cover to have smoke coming from a genie bottle with the eyes in the center. Of course, Angela Tolle, who does all of my covers, did not disappoint.
(I won't explain the final book cover as it would be a spoiler to the story.)

So, if you want to chill out with a genie and take a ride on a magic carpet or two, please check out my Genie in a Bottle series.

Click HERE for paperback or eBook.

Thanks again.

Stay safe. Stay inside. 💓

Comments

  1. 💜I love this expression: "make a wish". Thank you, my friend. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one