Quarantine day 13


Each morning I start by thinking of something to look forward to for that day. Even it was Steve having a day off or LivePD being on the night 😊, whatever it may be. This is something I've always done.
And even lately, while we've been quarantined, oddly enough, I like it that we don't have anything to do and we can just hang out. So that has been my "look forward to" lately, the simple enjoyment of not having to do anything and just be with Steve.

That was until this morning. For some reason, I woke and started thinking about the day, but instead of being okay with no timeline and an open schedule to sit around, I felt trapped and scared.
When I began thinking of the day, I immediately remembered that there was a horrific pandemic going on, and we shouldn't leave the apartment. That it is all real and happening now. Then I started thinking again about what was really going on and the shear impact of it all with stores closed, schools closed, people out of work, and the thought that it won't end for weeks closed a fist around my heart.
The whole thing overwhelmed me for a few moments.

But then I reminded myself that this will end. Yes, it's fucked up and crazy right now (Steve and I have made face masks for our next Walmart run, as the recommendations now suggest), but we're both home, we're safe, and we'll get through this.
I'm sure my momentary spell of panic is not the only one that occurred today. Thousands, millions of people around the world are going through the exact same thing.

But it will end. That's what we need to remind ourselves. As long as everyone follows the guidelines with self-distancing and quarantine, then we will get on top of this horrible virus.

So let's do something together, when those moments of uncertainty and fear hit, let's take a deep breath and remind ourselves that we will be okay. And the world will be better on the flips side.

Comments

  1. Yes, we will be okay. Thank you my dear friend. This will end soon. We are together no matter the distance. You, Steve and your boys are part of my family. You help me get through this. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one