Quarantine day 25


"Muddy waters, swampy lands, listen for the Squish-Squash running on its hands."

"Listen to the swamp, listen to the land. Listen for sounds of the Squish-Squash man."

Squish-Squash

The story of a group of thrill-seekers pursued by a legendary creature in the swamps of the Louisiana bayou. Covered in hair and possessing no legs, the creature makes its way by use of its arms. The soft mud of the shores makes travel easier on its hands--thus the creation of its tell-tale sound.

Again, I can't take credit for the creepy idea of this book. At least not the initial one.

You see, the concept of Squish-Squash came from Steve. Many years ago he told me about a nightmare he had when he was a child. He couldn't recall much except for the fact that there was a terrifying creature covered in hair, and it was chasing him. It also wobbled as it did because it had no legs.
He never figured out where the dreams originated from, but what I figured out was how to make that creature plausible in a story.
How did I do it? I had an alligator bite a five-year-old kid in half, of course. 

Once I began writing Squish-Squash, I realized that there could be so much more to the story than just a crazy monster on a killing spree. That five-year-old's name is Billy. And as has happened with several of my books, the monster didn't end up being a monster, after all. 
This was also my first book with a same-sex couple as the main characters, Cody and David.

I loved writing this book and I hope you enjoy reading it.

To curl up with Squish-Squash, click HERE.

Stay safe. Stay inside (only a few more weeks). 💓

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one