Another Monday



 Here it is, another Monday. For me, Mondays aren't a bad thing. It's the start of a new week, and better television is on. Weekend TV sucks.

But seriously, there are times when I do dread the beginning of a new week. It only means more of the same. Try as we may, the repetitive days and boredom have been taking their toll, as is only natural. And another week beginning with nothing new is in sight. Just more of the same. 

But we know there's nothing we can do about it, and remaining at home as much as possible is the smartest, safest, and most responsible thing to do at this time. Because as boring and frustrating as it may be at times, we still remember that there is a horrific pandemic going on, and there is no end in sight until next year.

It seems, lately, I can't watch the evening news without crying at least once. I battle with needing to know what is going on in the world and not wanting to know. I don't want to see the amount of people who have died, while other idiots are throwing parties, only to be added to the overloaded list of patients for medical staff weeks later. I don't want to see the protests by people who don't want to wear a fucking mask. I don't want to see how tRump is blatantly messing with the post office to cheat at the election.

But we have to know this stuff, don't we. Because the more educated and informed people are the ones who will survive this pandemic.

Stay safe. Mask up. Protect others. πŸ’“

 

Comments

  1. πŸ’œ Thank you for not giving up writing your stories. Send you a huge hug, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸ’œ Thank you for not giving up writing your stories. Send you a huge hug, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one