Everything happens for a reason




 I may have used that title on a previous post, but it's a phrase that I'm reminded of consistently.

If 2020 hasn't brought with it enough heartache, California and Colorado are on fire. Multiple forest fires are scorching the states. One of the fires in Colorado is the largest in its history. 

We can't go outside much, because the smoke is so bad. I had a pretty bad night last night because I started getting  a bad headache around three in the afternoon, and it only grew worse throughout the evening. It was borderline migraine by the time I crawled into bed.

My head is better this morning, but I'm still feeling a bit off. And of course the smoke is just as bad today, so I have to stay in as much as possible.

It makes me think again about the Cabin Above the Clouds. While it was amazing living up there, and I still miss it very much, I am reminded that, even though it was painful to leave, it's a good thing we sold the house when we did.

There is no AC in the cabin, but it wasn't really needed. It's 9,800 feet up, so opening the doors and getting across breeze usually did the trick, for the few days when the temperature rose about 80.

But the temps this summer have been hotter than they ever were while we lived up there. And the layer of smoke is even thicker up in the mountains, so opening windows and doors would only fill the house with smoke. Thankfully, we're spared at least that much.

Also, another good thing that came from selling the cabin is that it provided us with the opportunity for Steve to quit his job and stay safe at home for the rest of the year.

Not many positive things have happened to us since we've moved to Colorado. To be perfectly honest, it's been kind of a letdown. There have been moments when I regretted suggesting that we move here after I retired. But on the flipside, if we hadn't moved, Steve would have had to work during the pandemic, or would been laid off, and we wouldn't have had the financial parachute to sustain us.

So, everything happens for a reason. We just have to keep reminding ourselves of that.

Stay safe. Mask up. Protect others. 💓

Comments

  1. 💜 I agree. Everything happens for a reason. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💜 I agree. Everything happens for a reason. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one