Need your help



Being an independent is both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because no one takes the rights to your work. It's a curse, because marketing is a bitch.

I have done most everything I can think of to get the word out about my books. I've advertised in movie theaters, sent out bookmarks and flyers and free books. I've got 13,000 Twitter followers and hundreds more on FaceBook and Instagram. I've even done readings, which I am not fond of doing. 

In the big picture of things, with all the other millions of books and authors out there, I am still but a blip on a screen.

But it doesn't have to be that way. Not with your help. I am always asking folks to tell at least one person a day about my books. Maybe that person will tell someone, and then someone else will tell another person.
Word of mouth. You never know how much power it has until it's put into action.

Another helpful tool are reviews. The more reviews a book has, the higher it is listed on search algorithms and rankings. The more reviews a book has, the more chance it has of being noticed by others. 

I have been struggling to get reviews. I'm not sure why, but I have a lot of people who love my books, but never seem to post a review for others. 

So I ask of you this: Please, post a review for any of my books that you've read. The review doesn't have to be anything detailed or fancy. Just a few quick thoughts. 
It does make a difference. 
And you know, it makes that author feel better about spending countless hours, days, weeks, and months writing a book when he sees others appreciate it and it wasn't a wasted effort.

So, let's get this going. I'm finally writing again after seven months. Steve is not working because of the pandemic, so book sales are more important than ever.

The time has come to get the name Pol McShane as recognizable as Stephen King. 

I need your help.

Please, use this Amazon link to my page and find whatever book (or books) you've read and post a short review. Trust me, I will see it, and I will not forget it. Your support means the world to me.

Thank you so much!

Stay safe. Mask up. 💓


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one