Getting back to it-

We got back from Colorado about four days ago. I'm not ashamed to say that leaving the mountain almost brought tears to my eyes. I truly felt at home there, and there is no doubt in my mind that it's where we are meant to be. Getting back into the swing of things has been a bit rough the past few days. My body sits at work, my hands do the task they've done for the past 23 years without much thought to assist them, which is good, since my mind is still up on the mountain. My horoscope this morning was eerily spot on. It said that, although I am looking far into the future at where I truly want to be, I need to accept where I am now. That things will happen when they're supposed to happen (you've heard me say that plenty of times). All those things are so true, and I know there will be the day we climb that pass back up to Woodland Park for good, and that day will be here before we know it. But, for those of you who have read my blog for any length of time, I don't do well with waiting. I freakin hate it! But the time we have to wait is important. There are things we need to do before we move. Bills need to be paid off. I need to retire from the City. And I need to sell more books in order to help those previous items get accomplished quicker. (Insert subliminal message here *buy my books!*) So I will go through the daily routine of getting up for work and spending the day trying not to harp too much on the fact that I don't want to be there. I will hit the gym as often as possible, and write mostly every night. The days will pass one by one. They will add up to weeks, then months, and then years, until that fateful moment arrives when that new chapter in our lives begins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one