Evils of humanity

I'm writing this at work, while at lunch on Monday afternoon. I'm a bit sleepy and slightly depressed. This weekened there were some fires that were started in Colorado Springs and Woodland Park. Yes, that Woodland Park. The place where Steve and I were only two weeks ago. The place where our friends currently live. The place we will be calling home in a few years. It would appear that the fires have been intentionally set, due to the fact that several of them sparked up in different locations. My heart felt as if was breaking while we watched the stories unfold. While we heard of our friends and others who were forced to evacuate. My heart broke because I already feel that WP is our home, and to have some asshole (or assholes) simply set fire to one of the prettiest places around was so difficult. I try my hardest not to feel that humanity is at its lowest point. That God is not looking down and is ashamed by what we've become. But at moments like this, there is no other way to look at the human race. Look at it and be filled with shame. Of course, I know it is only a fraction that is horrible. But the actions of that small number are at times so horrendous and hurtful, it's almost impossible to view the entire race as nothing more than heartless beasts that don't deserve this planet. That don't deserve the beauty and goodness that God has bestowed us. Perhaps there is hope for us. But right now, I'm afraid for the future. I'm afraid of what we're becoming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one