The allergy battle

I guess I should count myself lucky, since (knock wood) I normally don't get sick throughout the year.  But when I do feel under the weather, there's usually one suspect: allergies.

In Austin, you can spend weeks trying to find one person who is not effected by either grass, cedar, or pigweed (I don't even know what that is) spores.  The one that gets me the worst is mold.  It usually hits . . . well, there's no certain time when it usually hits, that's the fun part.

If it rains for days on end (which hardly happens in this lovely state), the mold count rises.  And if it doesn't rain for a while and is just hot as hell (which is pretty much the norm), the mold count rises.

Well, last Friday it began.  Slowly at first, and relatively controllable.  Steve and I were on vacation, and after we would spend the day doing whatever we had planned, 3 o'clock would roll around and the headache would begin.  Then I would hide inside and nurse my pounding brain for the rest of the night.

Then, on Monday, our last day of vacation, I awoke to a sore throat and stuffy head.  This has been my condition since.  In case you are not aware, it is Thursday. 

Each morning I wake with the hopes that I will feel better, and I will be able to return to my normal, jolly self.  Each morning I have been sorely disappointed.

I have things to do!

I am supposed to be continuing the great workout regimen we started while on vacation, but that has not happened.  I am supposed to be working on my new book, and although I have done a bit, like setting up margins and junk, the actual writing is not going very well. 

This blog entry is taking all of the energy I have in me, after suffering through a very long work day, and if you knew how long it actually took to complete, you would laugh yourself silly.

So, that's it.  That's what I'm dealing with now. 

I do hope anyone who is reading this is doing much better than I am at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one