The light at the end of the tunnel-

(I'm doing this entry on my iPad, so I'm not able to add a picture.  Just imagine a cool shot of Colorado, please. )

As most of you know, our big goal is to get the hell out of Austin and up to the mountains of Colorado. Obviously we have to wait a couple of years until I retire with the City of Austin,

The other day I got some good news: That goal got 6/7 months closer. I will be able to buy my sick time and move my date up! Nice!
So by roughly September of 2014 I will be retiring!
It seems weird to say those words. People tell me, "You can't retire, you're too young."
The hell, I can't!
You're never too young to retire, if you're able.  It's my reward for sticking with a job I didn't like most of the time for 23 years!
Some also ask, "What are you going to do? You'll get bored."
The hell I will!
They forget: I'm a writer.
I actually never thought I would retire with the City, because I always thought my career would take off enough by now to self-support.  But as it happened, it's taking off a little later than I had expected, so retirement is happening.
But everything happens for a reason.  Now, when I do retire, my books will help supplement my income. Plus, I will finally be able to write full time!  However it happened, I will at last be a full-time writer!

And more than that, we will be in Colorado! We can't believe that the light at the end of that proverbial tunnel is finally growing bigger!

We have a lot of planning to do over the next 18 months or so, and a lot of decision making. But our new lives are about to begin. That great new adventure that we've been dreaming about for so long, is closer than ever.
Everything happens for a reason.
Everything happens when it's SUPPOSED to happen.
Steve and I believe these things 100%.
Because, not only are our lives going to take a drastic turn for the better, but now have so many others to share it with, and I thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one