A Christmas trip-

Well, Christmas is over.  The end of the year is just about upon  us.  I guess it's been an okay year.  We're still alive, still healthy, still have jobs, and still have each other.  But I am looking forward to 2012 like you wouldn't believe!

What's been going on with me for the past few days?  Well, since most of you who are reading this are my Face book friends or Twitter followers, you probably know what I've been up to.  I ended up going with Steve to Amarillo to visit his parents.  I'm glad I did, too.

Aside from being with Steve on Christmas, we had a nice drive up there (the drive back was a horrific traffic cluster fuck, so I won't even get into that).  Buster did really well on the drive.  It was his first long car ride and we were a little worried.  But he just lay in the back of the Jeep on his bed and didn't complain once.  And when we got to Steve's folks' house, he was the poster child for the world's most well-behaved dog.

On Christmas morning it started to snow.  It began before we woke up, so we had that moment when you look outside and the world has been turned into  a winter wonderland overnight.  I hadn't had that experience since I moved from New York over 30 years ago.
The snow continued to fall throughout the day and was absolutely beautiful.  It only solidified our yearning desire to move to Colorado and experience snowfall and an actual winter even more.  To get out of Austin once and for all.  We couldn't help but think that, if we were already living in Woodland Park, we would have been home five hours sooner than we actually ended up arriving, after the bumper to bumper to bumper traffic from Ft. Worth to Georgetown, which took 3 1/2 hours . . . but I digress to the horrific cluster fuck trip home.

Anyway, it was nice to get home and plop down on our own couch and flip the channel to our own TV (and not watch Fox News).  Home is always wonderful to return to after a long trip.  And as long as Steve and I and the Buster boy are arriving with each other and we're all safe and sound, it will always be good to be home again, no matter where it is at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one