Quarantine day 8


Day 8 of our self-quarantine and day 3 of regular blogs! Wow!

To be perfectly honest, I hadn't kept up with this blog because of the lack of response and the general all around uninterest in it. If nobody was interested, then why should I waste time doing it? Right? That's been my problem for a while-years to be exact. It's a problem I'm facing to this day. I have a difficult time with acceptance or the lack there of. When I feel the rejection, I "turtle" and hide under my shell.

This is a very strange time for this pandemic to hit. Strange for me, at least. You see, I'm recovering, in a way.
(Warning, open and honest moment coming up.)

Over the last several months I have been battling depression. I won't go into too many details, but know that it had gotten bad enough that I began seeing a doctor. A hypnotherapist. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew I had to do something, so I was going to try.
Thankfully, I was pretty amazed by the results. As it turns out, the wicked step-mother abuse from my childhood, combined with the heartbreaking loss of Buster three years ago left my head kind of fucked up. 😏 But, things are better now. Things are clearer and better understood. It's a work in progress, but it'll be fine.

The reason I talked about what is happening to me is because of what is currently happening to everyone. As I said, it's a very strange time for this tragedy to hit, for several reasons. For one, Steve is home all the time, and I don't think I could have ask for a better remedy. But, also, for the longest time, I just kept seeing the ugly side of humanity, at least that's all that stood out to me. The world had become an ugly place, one that I really wasn't all that eager to be a part of.

But now, with everything that's happening, even though there is still ugliness, the kindness and compassion that has been shown repeatedly has overpowered it.
People are coming together to help one another. Singing from windows. Risking their own lives to deliver food and medicine to those who can't or shouldn't get out those things for themselves. Making masks at home to send to medical personnel who are working the front lines. Animal shelters are empty because people need that love right now and need to share it.

I have a new hope that, when this pandemic ends--and it will--that people will be kinder and more compassionate to one another, because they know how quickly it can all be taken away.

Please stay safe, everyone. 💓

Comments

  1. Thank you, Pol. We will get through this. Do not give up. You are not alone. I love reading your blog. I am Cecilia Romia. from Argentina. Noemí Salamó is my nickname. I write poetry and essays under that name. Take care💕.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one