The light . . .

Well, 2019 seems to be getting off to a nice start. We have gotten plenty of snow, which should make for a calmer summer, where fires are concerned (fingers crossed). Also, Steve has managed to avoid the worst of them, thankfully during his hour and a half commutes. He's either stayed in Denver, or had been off, or the snow had stopped by the time he needed to leave.

On that subject--we found out several days ago that Steve's transfer date to the Springs has been moved up to February 11th! An end to his eight months of commuting three hours a day is in sight! The proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so proud of him.

I have also started work on the initial notes and storyline of my next book, while Reunion goes through several editing stages. I think I'll refrain a bit longer on revealing the storyline itself, but I will say that the subject is something I am actually terrified of. So we'll see if facing your fears and all that shit is real.

By the way, the above picture is of Benjamin. He's one of our regulars here at the Cabin Above the Clouds. The deer, turkeys, bears, and occasional mountain lion all seem to be thriving and healthy. You can feel the energy of life when there are fifteen or twenty deer walking around outside your door.

Although it's winter, and most everything is buried beneath a foot of snow, there's a feeling of exhilaration and new beginnings that seems to be encircling our mountain home. And I think it's getting stronger.

It seems a long time coming, but, I'm looking forward to what tomorrow brings.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one