It's been a busy week. I took off the entire week so that I could do one final polish on the first installment of the new series. I had thought I was done with it, but after a friend read it and found a mistake or two, even after being through a professional edit job, I thought I would read through it again just to make sure. And while I was at it, I couldn't help but add a few things here and there. I'm sure it would happen each time I were to read through it. It's just the nature of the beast. It will never be perfect in my eyes. There's always something I could add or tweak. This time, I added a total of 2, 094 words. I hadn't even realized until I did a new word count. Hopefully it's good enough now.
Yesterday I sent out some sample chapters to one publisher and three more agents. I haven't sent out the entire manuscript yet, but I will be doing that very soon.
Anyway, now that the reread is done, it's time to get back to working on the second installment. I am so close to finishing I can taste it. Although I spent the morning doing research on the Florida Everglades (hence the picture) and the more I research, the more ideas I get and the longer the story gets. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the book being long. It can't be too long for me. But I also know that this is only the first draft and it will grow each time I do rereads afterwards.
Steve and I went looking at houses the other day. Houses we can't yet afford. Counting those chickens. But it was fun. Our plan is to buy a house here in Austin with a pool so we can enjoy swimming for a year or so and then it's off to Colorado. It's funny because Steve really wants to get a pool to be able to watch Buster play in the water and I want to get to Colorado soon enough to see him play in the snow before he gets too old (Buster, not Steve).
The key to both of us getting what we want is to get the books published as soon as possible. I will not falter this time. "Dream until your dreams come true", that's how the saying goes, and they are words we are living by.
We'll get there. Sooner than later, I'm sure.
Well, that's it for now. Don't forget to visit my website, www.themagicelevator.com, and buy some books. Hey, sure it's a plug, but what did I just say? I'm stopping at nothing, even self-promotion in my blogs.
Later. Be nice to each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one