Scary times ahead?

I'm not a very political person.  I mean, I pay attention to what's going on, and I vote, but I can't hold a debate on who did what to whom and when. 

But I can tell you that I am afraid of the upcoming election.  I know that Obama has said he would do things and hasn't.  I know that some of the things he's done, people don't agree with.  I also know that the state of the economy hasn't improved as it should have, either. 
But I also know that the other guy is worse. 
As far as I'm concerned, anyway. 

And I know that I'm pissing some people off, and that is exactly why I don't talk politics.  But If Romney wins, I will seriously consider moving to Canada.  All the headway the gay community has made over the past few years will be erased.  Religion will be a major part of the office (as it has in the race already), and that in itself will reverse any forward motion we've made.

I don't know what will happen come November, but I know that I'm nervous about it. 

America, the land of the free . . . it won't be for everyone.  Not those who want to share their lives with the ones they love if they happen to be of the same sex.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one