Another summer is quickly passing

It's July 5th. Yesterday marked the true symbol of summer: the 4th of July. Our's went on without much fan fair. Steve worked and I wrote most of the day. The evening was spent soothing Buster as he paced and panted each time a firework exploded somewhere in the night sky. In my mind, the 4th of July seems to be the halfway point between summer and fall. Although I'm quite aware that it is not the case. Perhaps it seems so to me because we've been dealing with summer temperatures since early May. A trick of Mother Nather. But seeing things this way has its benefits. I am able to look forward to the time when temperatures will begin to drop, and the leaves will begin to change into their autumn outfits before their final days, when they will wither and descend to the ground. Time seems to be passing quickly. That's fine for me. Another day closer to the future. A future that holds my dreams in its grasp. A future where anything is possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one