Quarantine day 53





Yesterday started out on the wrong foot when the first thing I heard on television was the dire warnings of the coming winter to be the darkest in history. WTF?
It set the tone for my mood all day, although I tried my hardest to fight it.

I don't want to feel that way every day. It's already difficult trying to stay upbeat when every day for the foreseeable future will be the same--hanging out at the apartment because it's too scary to go anywhere. Knowing me, I'll become agoraphobic before too long.

I'm trying hard to balance the negative thoughts with positive ones. Even though it's scary to go out in public, Steve and I are safe here at home. That's all that really matters. All my positive thoughts usually involve the fact that we're safe and sound. That may sound selfish, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

The world has changed. Social distancing, wearing masks (please wear a mask when out in public!), all those things are going to be here for a while.
This is going to be happening for a while.

That brings up something: Post titles.

I need more positivity to outweigh the negativity. Yes, technically we're still supposed to self-quarantining as much as possible until further notice, but the word quarantine has a negative tone to it. In a few months the title would read, Quarantine day 108, and suddenly horrific images of imprisoned people, skinny from lack of food and sunlight would pop into your heads.

So, even though we will still be in quarantine, after today, I will no longer count the days off. I will still keep up with the daily blog entries, but with more pleasing captions.

Keeping with the positivity vibe: Steve saw an article about drive-in movie theaters possibly making a comeback because of the social distancing thing. That would be cool. If you turned to a specific station, and the movie came through your car stereo, awesome!

Okay, until tomorrow.
Don't forget about my Amazon page! Thank you!

Stay safe. Stay inside. 💓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one