Quarantine day 45




I remember when Steve, Buster (rest in peace, baby), and I first moved to Colorado. we were excited. Especially for the snow.
Buster loved everything right off the bat. Well, except the altitude. For three weeks after we arrived in Woodland Park, Buster and I suffered from altitude sickness. Headaches and feeling groggy and just blech. But, finally, our bodies acclimated to the altitude.

We spent our first nine months in an apartment. When we found the Cabin Above the Clouds, we knew we had to have it. Buster loved it immediately. Each time we drove to the cabin during the months we waited for closing, he would get excited as if he knew we'd be living there soon enough. He loved everything about it. Especially watching the deer as they walked around the property.


It seems like forever ago. Compared to life now, it seems like something made up.  It's hard to think of those times without my heart beginning to race and the tears start to well up in my eyes. But after the wave of sadness from the memories passes, I am grateful again that we that time in our lives. Grateful for Buster.

On this 45th day of quarantine, I guess I'm feeling nostalgic. Not so much the blues, but more along the lines of appreciation.


What a time it was.

Stay safe. Stay inside for others. 💓

Comments

  1. My friend, thank you so so much for sharing your life story here. I feel I am not alone. Buster, such a handsome baby💜.
    You are loved. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and for your support!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one