Ghosts . . .



Do you believe in them? I do. I always have. I have always been drawn to movies and books about ghosts. Oddly enough, Reunion is the only ghost story I've written. But it was fun writing it, because in a ghost story, you can make them do pretty much anything.

I think my favorite ghost movie is The Others. Perfect setting and fantastic plot twist. Of course there are children in it, too, and children always make a ghost story creepier. It was what I loved about writing Reunion-the Children of Lauderdale Park. Throw in some burned ghost kids, and you're gold, right?
Perhaps one day the god of success will shine his light upon me, and a movie will be made of the book. For those who have read it, you know how scary and fun it could be with all the kids. For those who haven't yet read it, here's a link to AMAZON.

Did you know that the word ghost is also a verb? 
"To cut off all contact with (someone): to subject to ghosting."

Sadly I know this one too well.

For the most part ghosts are simply energy that remains in a certain location after someone dies. Sort of like the nerves in a worm if you cut it in half. The worm is dead, but will continue to squirm around for several minutes.
For a ghost, that several minutes can last a few years.

I don't know if I would be able to live with a ghost, to be honest. Steve and I have discussed this at length. In order for us to cohabitate with a ghost it would have to be nice. And not too obnoxious. I'm not coming home and cleaning up all the furniture that was tossed around during the day. Just maybe move a lamp a few inches or something, that's fine. Turn off a light now and then.
But the number one rule: The second someone touches us--we're OUT!

Stay safe. Stay inside. Protect others. 💓

Comments

  1. You are unique! Love this "ghost story", my friend😊. Thank you! Stay safe💜.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one