Favorite movies to binge



In  an ongoing effort to help each other through this weird moment in history, when so many of us are spending time at home, today we'll talk movies!

My favorite movies to watch over and over and over . . . 

The first one is a live-action remake:
Aladdin 

I was very surprised by this movie. When it first came out, I was weary of Will Smith playing the genie. But man, was I wrong about that.
The movie is done just like the cartoon, with just as much vibrant color and fantastic soundtrack, and Will Smith's performance as the genie does Robin Williams proud.
And it doesn't hurt that Aladdin is a cutie pie. 😛


The second movie I'm suggestions is another live-action remake:
The Lion King

We went to see this movie in the theaters, and had high expectations because Jon Favreau, who produced and directed it, also did another of my favorite movie live-action remakes, The Jungle Book.
We were not disappointed.
If you grew up with the cartoon, and if you're a crybaby like me, you'll get teary-eyed when you see iconic scenes come to life.
But note: because everything is so realistic, the Mufasa scene is difficult. I'll leave it at that.


The third movie I could watch over and over (and have) is:
Love Simon

This movie is a great feel-good movie! The story of a gay kid in school just trying to figure it all out. The movie reminds me of one of those fun 90's movie. The soundtrack is great, and the message is even better.

The last movie I will talk about here is my favorite movie of all time:
Life of Pi


I remember when I first heard about this movie. Steve and I went to see some other film, and there was a movie poster, not unlike the picture above. Someone on a lifeboat with a tiger in the middle of the ocean.
I was intrigued.

When we got home from whatever movie we went to see, I looked up Life of Pi on Amazon and read the entire description. I was further intrigued. I purchased the eBook.
Before I finished it, I had gone and purchased the paperback version.
I was hooked.

The story of a sixteen-year-old kid stuck in the middle of the ocean in a life raft with a Bengal tiger. The story itself is incredible, but then to see the movie . . .

When it was released, they compared it visually to Avatar, and that is a great comparison. Steve and I saw it the first time in Imax 3-D. It was the coolest 3-D movie I had ever seen.
It's also one of the movies that makes me cry, no matter how many times I've watched it. Which I believe is over 20 now.


Sadly, the actor who plays adult Pi, Irrfan Khan, passed away a few weeks ago. He was only 53.
I haven't watched the movie again since his death. I know it will make the movie that much more emotional for me. 😢

I hope you find this little list helpful. 

If not, well, click HERE for a list of great books! 😉

Stay safe! Wear a mask. Protect others. 💓

Comments

  1. You are a genius, my friend! Thank you so much! You are loved💜.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one