Oops!



Well, I missed yesterday as far as my blog goes. By the time I realized I hadn't done it, it was after eight at night. By that time, my brain is turned off for the day.

It was an odd day, anyway. It was about an hour or two after Steve woke up, and he asked me,
"Is today our wedding anniversary?"
After being quarantined for the last three months, I didn't have a direct answer.
So, once we confirmed what day and date it was, we realized, it was indeed our wedding anniversary.
Twelve years ago yesterday, Steve and I were married in Canada, at Niagara Falls. One of the best days of my life.
(On June 7th, it will be twenty-nine years that we've been together.)

There wasn't much for us to be able to do for the special day yesterday, but we made it as nice as we could. We spent a lot of time out on the patio enjoying the nice weather. Steve cooked ribs all day, and when we ate them around six or so, you just needed a fork to push the meat off the bone. I'm not much of a foodie, but Steve makes great ribs.
We closed the day out with an episode of Game of Thrones. Oddly enough, it was the episode with the red wedding. It's still awful to watch, no matter how many times we've seen it. What a better way to celebrate a wedding anniversary? 😕

Twenty-nine years together.
People say to make a relationship work it take a lot of hard work. But I don't feel like ours takes a lot of work. Obviously, there were struggles in the beginning, just like all relationships. Plus, we were in our 20's! Seems like forever ago.

But as far as the hard work now goes . . . I think what we struggle most with is trying to spend more time with each other and reach our dreams of that forever home. 

The picture above is from five years ago when we first moved to Woodland Park. What a ride it's been. What an adventure it's been. I can't imagine having done it with anyone else.

Stay safe. Mask up. Protect others. 💓

Comments

  1. Yours is a beautiful love story. You, Steve and the boys are a wonderful family. Thank you so much for sharing, my friend. Gracias. Happy anniversary!❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one