Quarantine day 34



It's strange, this new world we are going to be living in. New way of living that we'll have to get used to. Social distancing will probably be with us throughout the summer. Grocery stores have directional markers for aisles to help prevent people crossing too closely to one another. All the smart people are wearing masks wherever they go . . .
Strange new world.

But it's something that we're all going to have to learn to live with. The virus isn't gong anywhere. It may slow down, but the threat will be here until a vaccine is created. And who the fuck knows when that will be.

The Stay at Home orders will be lifted in a few days in our city, as in others. I'm not thrilled. I totally understand about getting the economy going again, but it doesn't hide the fact that it's scary. There are still too many people dying each day. I think it may be too soon.

I know it's selfish of me, on some level. Steve and I have been locked up together for 34 days, and we could go another 34 because we get along so well. Steve's unemployment began, so that helped a lot.
But I know there are people who are staying at home and they don't have anyone there. Or they do and they have to get out of the house before something bad happens 😱. Or they have to get back work because the bills are piling up.

There's no right answer to any of this.

I know that, once the Stay at Home order is lifted and stores and restaurants begin to open again, that Steve will have to go back to work again. He will be pulled out of the safety of seclusion and thrust into thick of it.

That thought fills me with anxiety and fear. But what are you gonna do, right? Until then, we will simply do what we've been doing; stay safe and protect each other.
You guys do the same.

Stay safe. Stay inside. 💓

Comments

  1. I am sure you, Steve and the boys are going to be okay, my friend. Nothing bad is going to happen. Try not to worry about the future. Thank you for being here. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one