Quarantine day 20




Steve survived hair cut day, only because he did most of his own hair, with minimal help from me. We were going to cut my hair yesterday, too, but when it came around it, I wasn't in the mood. We'll do it today 🙏.

It's funny how we have all the time in the world to do things around the apartment, but don't really get around to doing them. #Lazy.

I'm not sure what today will bring. I think this blog will be the most productive thing I'll do. Although, I have already exercised and read a few chapters of a book.

I need to start writing again, but it's been difficult. Why? I might as well tell you, since we're looking at two more weeks of quarantine, and I need to keep it interesting. So I'll be perfectly candid.

You see, it's a self-confidence problem. It's something I've suffered from for years, but have been more or less successful at overcoming it. But over the last few months the battle became too much. The culprit (as is usually the case), is my writing. I've written and published more than twenty books, yet I still haven't achieved "success." No matter how many hours, days, weeks, or years I spend at it.

Yes, it's true that self-publishing is difficult. It is the equivalent of climbing an ice-covered mountain in the middle of a blizzard . . . in heels.
But if you get that break, then it'll be all worth it, and then some,.

It's just difficult to remember that at times. And this particular time I feel as if I have lost my "mojo." But I'm working on getting it back. The fact that I've written in this blog for twenty straight days is proof of that. It's just a difficult time to heal when so much stress and fear has been added to the equation.

They say that God gave us the rainbow as a promise and reassurance after each rain that He would never flood the earth again.
This virus is a flood, but there's a rainbow coming.

Stay inside. Stay safe. We'll get through this. 💓

Comments

  1. My dear friend, you are an amazing writer. Please, never give up. Thank you for being here. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one