Quarantine day 23


It's day twenty-three of the quarantine, as you probably gathered by the title of this post. We are still safe and sound (knock wood), and by the way, all haircuts turned out fine. 😀

Yesterday I began telling everyone about my books. Today I'll talk about my newest title that was released:
Reunion-the Children of Lauderdale Park

This one is my first (but I doubt my last) ghost story. I've always loved ghost stories and all the creepy stuff that can happen in them.

This tale is about a playground that sits in Lauderdale Park. The park itself is new, and built in commemoration on the site of where a tragedy occurred some seventy years earlier. A housefire claimed the lives of mother, father, and four children.
But, when the park is built and the playground erected, the children--dead or not-want to play . . .

When did inspiration for this book hit me? This book that was published roughly six months ago?
It was 1995.
Steve and I (yes, even back then there was a "Steve and I") were leaving a friend's house in Austin. They had just purchased a new house in a new subdivision that was fancy schmancy.

The houses were nice, spaced five to ten feet apart from one another, as most of the neighborhoods in Austin are. But as we were leaving, we noticed and empty lot. It was odd because construction had all been completed, yet there was a house missing.
Then we noticed the graves.
We pulled over and got out to have a closer look. What we found was, a house had not been built on the lot because there was a small gravesite there. Four tiny headstones were the entirety of the graveyard, surrounded by a small wrought-iron fence.
They were children, brothers and sisters.
We never found out what had happened to them, but the idea was ignited almost immediately, and I knew I had to come up with a  story of four dead siblings.
So, Reunion was born.

Here's another little fun fact about the book:
Even though I only recently published Reunion, the initial book was written twenty-five years ago. It was one of my last pre-written books to be published. Anyway, I had already started to self-publish my other titles, I just kept putting off Reunion, but I knew I would do it one day.

It was five years ago, when we had first moved to the mountains in Woodland Park. Before we got our cabin, we lived in an apartment complex. It was right around the corner from a lovely little park named Cavalier Park.
One morning, as the sun rose and I watched the day grow brighter, I noticed that it was foggy out . Not just a little foggy, but foggy! Spooky foggy.
My mind immediately thought of the playground at Cavalier Park and the pictures I could take and use for whenever I publish Reunion. So, at seven in the morning, I grabbed my camera and walked down to the park to take some pictures for a cover that wouldn't come to life until five years later.

I hope you like Reunion-the Children of Lauderdale Park. And please, if you could, take a few moments to post a review on Amazon when you're done, I would be so grateful. It helps with the success of the book, it really does. It only has to be a few sentences.
Thank you!

Check out Reunion here!

Stay safe. Stay inside. ❤

Comments

  1. You are such an amazing writer💜. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one