Twenty years in the making

 

The werewolves are coming.

Well, I guess they've been here for a while. Since 2000, actually. That was when I first got my book Blue Moon published. It is a story of a man who is a werewolf, and is able to take his life on the night of a blue moon. The book is a suicide note and a confession. It was accepted and published through an online print on demand publisher, which at the time was very exciting for me. But after a few years, the book pretty much sat there.

Fast-forward five years. I wrote the screenplay for Blue Moon and shopped it around. I've spoken about this experience in a previous post. I had a production company love the book and option the screenplay. Long story short, they dragged me along for a couple of years, and eventually everything fell through.

On the plus side, during the time they had me under contract, they suggested they would want to make the stand-alone story of Blue Moon into a series of movies. They asked if I had ideas of furthering the story. At the time, I didn't have any ideas, but I knew I could figure it out.

So I wrote a sequel, The Rise of the Son

The production company never got to see the completed book, because they ended the option contract (it was live and learn experience).

But I still had a new trilogy forming from my initial book. I had every intention of writing the final book, even had notes written down for years . . . and years . . . and years.

Fast-forward again to 2020. I had regained my rights for Blue Moon and self-published it. I had the cover redone, also had the cover to The Rise of the Son redone because, finally, the trilogy was going to be completed.

I had finally finished the third installment, The Son and the Moon. (No cover yet, being made at this very moment.)

It would seem weird to have a trilogy that took twenty years to complete, but oddly enough, the timeline of the main character in book 2 and 3 worked out perfectly, because he had turned 19 in the story. When you read the books, you'll understand more. I'm trying not to give away anything.

The Son and the Moon is currently being edited and will be released in February! I am very excited about this book, especially since the two other people who have read it said it's their favorite of the series.

So, if you haven't yet met the werewolves in my life, below is a link to books one and two. 

Amazon

Please do me the favor of posting a short review after you've read them. It sure does help, and it sure is difficult getting reviews.

Thank you for your support.

Stay safe. Mask up. Protect other. 💓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one