Coming soon!

 

Prologue

 

Well, it looks like it’s my turn. My father told his story. My mother told her story . . . I guess it was inevitable.

I’m nineteen years old now. I didn’t think I would make it that far. I feel so much older. Perhaps I do age in dog years. That would make me 133. That pretty much matches up to the way I feel right now. Worn and broken, that’s me. I am dictating this portion of my family’s strange tale into a recorder, because I no longer have the use of my right arm. Dane or my mother will write it down later for all to see.

So much has happened. I don’t know where to begin. It’s been eight years since The Rise of the Son came out, and my mother, Sephina, tried to explain what happened to us. Tried to explain what happened to the detective. What happened to me.

It seems like a lifetime ago. Twelve years. Oh, my God, it’s been twelve fucking years. That’s too much time. Too many lives wasted. Lost. Taken.

I look up at the moon and smile. Ironically, I live by the moon, but rarely get to enjoy the beauty of it. But I can tonight. Tonight is the night of a full moon.

Of a blue moon.

Should I start this like my four-legged father did?

My name is Payat Keel, I’m a werewolf, and this is my story . . .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?

Finished another one