Finished another one



After an almost seven month break from writing, yesterday I finished another book. It is the first installment of a new new trilogy called My Leprechaun. The first book is titled The End of the Rainbow.

I'm excited about this series, but I'm also filled with angst. Finishing a book and getting it ready to put out into the world and see what it does is usually an exciting time. There's always that chance that this book will be the one that puts my name on the map.

In pure blog openness,  that's what I had hoped for when I released Reunion last October. It was my first ghost story, and I thought it would make a huge splash. But it didn't. I fought for months just to get a few reviews.  The excitement fizzled and faded. And something inside me turned off. That was the start of my break from writing. 

I was sure I was done working so hard for nothing in return.

But there was this story that I had wanted to tell for years. I had almost finished the first draft months earlier, but it had been put aside for Reunion. I had every intention of finishing the story, but then everything seemed to fall apart. 
For a while, I hated being a writer. I never wanted to write another word again. And for almost seven months, I didn't.

But I couldn't really feel as if I were done with writing, unless I got that story that I'd been thinking about for years out there.
Now I have.

It is the story of a teenager named Leo, who meets and falls in love with a leprechaun named Finn.
(Yes, that is why we named our puppy Finn, because of the character in this book.)

The second draft if complete, and now Steve is reading it. Then it will be off to the editors and back to me for repairs. I'm hoping for a release around the end of August. 
Cover art is coming soon!

Let's hope the luck of the Irish will be with this one.

Don't forget my other books on Amazon! And tell at least one person today about a Pol McShane book!

Stay safe. Mask up. 💓

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2019

Freedom of Speech?